Friday, January 31, 2014

Your Thoughts Are What's Killing You ...

Good Morning Readers,
 
Normally, I try my absolute best to get a blog out in the beginning of the week. This week was one of those that I couldn’t find time until now. Please forgive me unpunctuality.
 
Yesterday, I came across a picture on social media that grasped my undivided attention.
 
“Your thoughts are what is killing you”
Have you ever set back and analyzed how disapprovingly you can be towards yourself? I know that I am vigorous on myself daily. I push my mind and body to its limitations every week. I am so forced and driven right now, that I sometimes forget to reminisce how far I’ve come. I should be proud of myself and not so critical. Your thoughts are what is captivates your mind. Those thoughts are your setback. Those opinions and hurtful words are draining your energy. You are busy trying to fight the enemies of the world, how do you have time to fight yourself? I am asking you to learn to appreciate the person you’ve developed within you before you kill her [him]. You are beautiful and wonderful made and nobody can take that away from you, except YOU.
 
A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.” – via Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. These days I am in awe of where God has brought me from. It isn't about the past; God knows I don't want to go there. However, it is a symbol of perseverance and faith that I should spend time reflecting on. Those of us that word hard and are on overdrive daily often forget how far we have come and even forget to smell the roses. You are beautifully and wonderfully made. Take a moment for yourself...

    ReplyDelete